SSC is an American supercar company founded in 1999 by automotive enthusiast, Jerod Shelby. SSC’s headquarters in Tri-Cities, Washington, is also the hometown of Mr. Shelby and home to his dream. Fueled by his passion for racing and automotive culture SSC’s success is a true representation of the American Dream.
SSC was created with the company goal of creating a world class automotive manufacturer. Seven years of development culminated in 2007 with the production of the Ultimate Aero. A major step in accomplishing the company goal was made on September 13th 2007 when the Ultimate Aero became the World’s Fastest Production Car as verified by Guinness World RecordsTM.
Competing with the likes of Ferrari, Lamborghini, Bugatti, and Koenigsegg (to name a few), SSC has and continues to exponentially accelerate in its development and production of world class supercars. SSC will soon release a next generation supercar that will up the ante on all levels.
SSC Tuatara, one of the most expensive car of the world. According to the manufacturer, the Tuatara will use an SSC-designed billet-aluminum twin-turbocharged 6.9 litre V8 engine block that will redline at 9,200 rpm and deliver a minimum of 1,350 hp (1,007 kW; 1,369 PS) and 1,280 lb·ft (1,735 N·m) at 6,800 rpm on 91 RONrated unleaded premium petrol, it means Tuatara have very powerful engine in its body. Its engine will be capable of higher outputs of up to 1,700 hp (1,268 kW; 1,724 PS). The weight of the car is 2,750 lb (1,250 kg), it is light due to a carbon-fibre construction (including the wheels) and aluminium crumple zones. This means it will manage a power-to-weight ratio of over 1,000 hp (746 kW) per tonne. The manufacturer claims that the Tuatara can accelerate from a stop to 62 mph (100 km/h) in 2.3 seconds and the top speed is estimated to be 276 mph (444 km/h).
|0-60 mph:||2.30 seconds|
|1/4 mile:||9.75 seconds at 144 mph|
|Top Speed (Tested):||–|
|Top Speed (Projected):||276 mph|
|60mph-0 (braking):||103 feet|
Engine specifications and general data
- Type: SSC-designed billet aluminum V8 (ZVL1 Total Block V8)
- Displacement: 423.6 cubic inch (6,941 cc)
- Compression Ratio: 8.625:1
- Horsepower: 1,350 bhp (1,007 kW; 1,369 PS) @ 6,800 rpm (Engine is able to produce up to 1,700 bhp (1,268 kW) @ 9,200 rpm)
- Torque: 1,280 lb·ft (1,735 N·m) @ 6,800 rpm
- Redline: 9,200 rpm
- Fuel Injection: Electronic sequential port
- Oil: SAE 5W/30 Fully Synthetic (Racing)
- Induction System: Sequential, multi-port fuel injection, twin-turbochargers, dual-water to air intercoolers
- Fuel: Premium Unleaded – 91RON pump octane
- Transmission: 7-Speed manual H-pattern or 7-Speed SMG semi-automatic
- Clutch: Triple-disc carbon ceramic, zicro’titanium clutch
- Weight to Horsepower Ratio: 2.0 lbs/hp
- Weight Distribution (F/R): Front: 44% / Rear: 56%
- Wheelbase: 105.0 in (2,667 mm)
- Length: 174.4 in (4,430 mm)
- Width: 78.4 in (1,991 mm)
- Height: 43.0 in (1,092 mm)
- Ground Clearance: 4.0 in (102 mm)
- Layout: Mid-engined (Aero Direct-Straightline position of engine)
- Drivetrain: Longitudinal adjustable optional electrological rear-wheel drive (RWD)
- Body/Frame: Carbon-fiber/Carbon-fiber/Aluminum crash structures
- Coefficient of Drag (Cd): 0.328
- Frontal Area: 18.0 sq. ft.
- Brakes (Front): 15.0″ Vented and slotted carbon ceramic ciscs w/ 8-piston calipers
- Brakes (Rear): 15.0″ Vented and slotted carbon ceramic discs w/ 6-piston calipers
- Wheels: Single-piece carbon fiber (19×9-1/2″ Front, 20×13″ Rear)
- Tires: Michelin Pilot Ultra Sport PS2-F1 (235 35 (YR)19 Front, 335 35 (YR)20 Rear)
- Steering: Rack & Pinion, Variable electric assist tilt column
- Turns – Lock to Lock: 2.5
- Turning Circle: 41.6 ft (12.7 m)
- Suspension (F/R): Unequal length upper and lower A-arms, coil-over springs, remote reservoir-adjustable Penske coil-over shocks, cab controlled air lift, anti-roll bars
- Total Dry Weight: 2,750 lbs.